The POE is composed of octene and a polyolefin resin, and the continuous phase and the dispersed phase exhibit a two-phase separated polymer blend. Its characteristics are:
(1) The soft chain of octene is crimped and the crystallized ethylene chain acts as a physical crosslinking point, so that it has both excellent toughness and good processability;
(2) There is no unsaturated bond in the molecular structure of POE, and it has excellent aging resistance;
(3) POE has a narrow molecular weight distribution, good fluidity, and good compatibility with polyolefins;
(4) Good fluidity can improve the dispersion effect of the filler and also increase the weld line strength of the product.
Basic characteristics of POE:
POE has the general properties of thermoplastic elastomers such as moldability, waste recycling and vulcanizate properties.
The price is low, and the relative density is small, so the volume and the price are low;
Excellent heat resistance and cold resistance, and wide application range;
Good weather resistance and aging resistance;
Oil resistance, compression set resistance and wear resistance are not very good.
Scope of application: mainly used for modifying and toughening PP, PE and PA to make bumpers, steering wheels, pads and so on in the automotive industry. The wire and cable industry requires high insulation and jacketing for heat resistance and tolerability. Also used in industrial products such as hoses, conveyor belts and molded products. Medical equipment and household appliances, cultural and sports toys, and packaging films.
EVA is widely used in foam shoes, functional shed film, packaging molds, hot melt adhesives, wire and cable and toys. Features of EVA and PEVA:
(1) Biodegradable: It will not cause harm to the environment when discarded or burned.
(2) Similar to the price of PVC: EVA is more expensive than toxic PVC, but PVC is relatively cheaper than phthalate.
(3) Lighter weight: EVA has a density ranging from 0.91 to 0.93, while PVC has a density of 1.32.
(4) No odor: EVA does not contain organic odors like ammonia or other.
(5) Free of heavy metals: in accordance with the relevant international toy regulations (EN-71Part3 and ASTM-F963).
(6) Phthalate-free: suitable for children's toys and does not pose a plasticizer release risk.
(7) High transparency, softness and toughness: the application range is very broad.
(8) Super low temperature resistance (-70 Â° C): suitable for icing environment.
(9) Water, salt and other substances: stable in most applications.
(10) High heat sticking: It can be firmly attached to nylon, polyester, canvas and other fabrics.
(11) Low bonding temperature: can speed up production.
(12) Screen printing and offset printing: products that can be used for multiple patterns (but EVA type inks are required).
Basic characteristics of EVA:
EVA resin is characterized by good softness and rubber-like elasticity. It can still have good flexibility, transparency and surface gloss at -50 Â°C, good chemical stability, aging and ozone resistance. Good, non-toxic. It has good blending property with filler, and has good coloring and molding processability.
Scope of application: EVA resin is widely used. Under normal circumstances, EVA with a vinyl acetate content below 5% is mainly used for film, wire and cable, LDPE modifier, adhesive, etc.; vinyl acetate content is 5%-10%. EVA products are elastic films, etc.; EVA with vinyl acetate content of 20%-28%, mainly used for hot melt adhesives and coated products; vinyl acetate content of 5%-45%, the main products are films (including household films) And sheets, injection molding, molded articles, foamed articles, hot melt adhesives, and the like.
The difference and connection between POE and EVA:
POE and EVA have a certain mutual substitution in the toughening effect, and are widely used in the general toughening of PP and PE. The manufacturer mainly considers the cost factor to choose. In the toughening effect of PP, the general POE is slightly better than EVA. Some different characteristics of POE and EVA are suitable for other special performance requirements except for toughening. In film applications, EVA has better barrier properties, while POE generally does not. EVA can improve the printing and dyeing effect of PP, but it will reduce the aging resistance. POE has good aging resistance and excellent heat resistance and cold resistance.
Tweezer Set,Personalized Tweezers,Surgical Tweezers,Smart Tweezers
YANGJIANG TRI-WIN INDUSTRY & TRADE CO.,LTD , https://www.triwintableware.com